Award in Entrepreneurship 2
Course Reference: M3.1 Entr2
Focus: Business and Management
This follows from Entrepreneurship 1, and prepares the learner for the challenges of the leadership and managerial functions required in the starting and growing of an organisation, covering business concepts such as the business life cycle, entrepreneurial financial management, human resource management, ethics and social responsibility, the application of business sustainability, use of technology and the importance of networking.
Our tutors have excellent experience within their field of expertise as well as the necessary academic background. You will receive a high-quality delivery in a participative environment. You will be engaged in discussions, activities, case studies, presentations and group work creating a bond between you and other students that forges friendships and a new network of professionals.
There are no exams on this programme. The method of assessment to attain this award is based on different methods such as preparing a portfolio of work, building a reflective journal, writing an assignment, and others. The assignment brief is available to you in good time so that you can organise and plan your study time accordingly week by week. You will be guided through the assessment requirements, and you will also receive ongoing feedback throughout the course of studies.
Delivery of sessions are held in the evenings (typically starting at 17:30 hours) on different weekdays and according to the timetable of the modules. There is also the possibility of a few Saturday morning sessions.
Opportunities for further studies
Upon successful completion of this Award, you can:
- Take up the opportunity to follow other Awards in different areas of business and management, or
- Follow the Certificate in Business and Management (30 ECTS), and
- This Certificate programme will also lead you to further studies.
This award is designed for:
- Adult learners who want to have an immersive learning experience in this area.
- Working professionals, who have been working for a number of years, and who would like to acquire competencies, knowledge and skills in this area of business and management.
- Prospective learners, who already have a Level 4 and/or a Level 5 qualification, and who would like to challenge themselves within this area of business and management, to further develop their expertise.
The entry requirement is:
- Successfully completed the Award in Entrepreneurship 1
- Design, organize, and lead a team with the goal of bringing new products and services to market
- Manage your personal brand using information communication technology tools
- Design, develop and communicate business initiatives that are aligned to business sustainability
- Facilitate positive business outcomes through effective negotiation and persuasion skills
- Theories of team development such as Tuckman’s, Belbin, and Leoncioni’s 5 Dysfunctions of a team
- A range of different types and functions of information communication technology tools
- Types of stakeholders and power-interest grids
- A range of business initiatives that meet Business Sustainability goals (such as environmental responsibility, corporate social responsibility and community development)
- The role and application of negotiation and persuasion skills
Applying knowledge and understanding
- Apply negotiation skills for win-win outcomes to implement the new business opportunity
- Assess and select appropriate information communication technologies to improve company performance
- Evaluate stakeholders and assess their own personal power-interest grid
- Develop a plan for operational, personal, and strategic networking
Judgement skills and critical abilities
- Apply problem-solving skills to resolve issues that can derail the business opportunity
- Assess your current networking and selling skills
Module specific communication skills
- Transform an initial idea into a fully-fledged business opportunity and effectively communicate this opportunity through a business plan
- Effectively present and communicate opportunities to technical and business-oriented audiences
- Use relevant and appropriate terminology when discussing and exchanging views in a business context
- Communicate and articulate their ideas clearly in writing and orally
Module specific learner skills
- Adapt to changing circumstances that occur during the entrepreneurial process
- Appropriately and accurately apply the Harvard referencing system
- Acknowledge all sources of information
- Individually carry out further research in this area
Module-Specific Digital Skills and Competences
- Search, gather, communicate and share related information using digital resources
- Identify reliable, authoritative, and current digital sources
|Accreditation Status||Approved Higher Education Programme|
|Level of Qualification||MQF / EQF Level 6|
|Mode of Delivery||Traditional / Face-to-Face Learning / Live Streamed|
|Hours of Learning||Contact Hours: 20 / Self-Study Hours: 60 / Assessment Hours: 20 / Total Hours: 100|
|Study mode||Work based programme delivered in the evenings and some Saturdays.|
|Language of instruction||English|
|Programme Delivered||Malta Business School, Level 3, Sean Building, Psaila Street Birkirara BKR1908, Malta|
|Mode of assessment||Assessed pieces of work (no exam)|
|Teaching and Learning Approach||At MBS our teaching and learning approach is based on adult learning principles and is unreservedly participant centred and experiential in nature. Participants are expected to contribute in group work and discussions and actively participate during sessions.|
|Grading System as approved by MFHEA||Fail, Pass, Merit and Distinction|
|Date of Next Intake||To be announced|
|Mode of Attendance||Full-time or Part-time studies – Talk to us for more details.|
|Registration||Send us your CV for review and without obligation so that we can check your eligibility for this programme.|
|Visa Requirements||Third Country Nationals are advised to read VISA requirements from here|
|Progression Pathways||Successful learners who achieve this Award might want to join the Certificate in Business and Management programme, the Diploma in Business and Management programme, the Higher Diploma in Business and Management programme, and the Bachelor in Business and Management programme. Talk to us so that we will guide you accordingly.|
Terms & Conditions apply, talk to us for further detail on this programme.