About this programme
This qualification is designed for learners who are seeking to enhance their job prospects in a range of industries and functions. The programme includes a core selection of fundamental management subjects such as Human Resources, Finance and International Business. The programme aims to develop key management skills.
This qualification consists of 60 credits.
Who is it for?
The Diploma in Business and Management programme is designed for professionals in employment who can be in various roles of responsibility (such as, but not limited to, managerial or supervisory positions) as well as aspiring managers, team leaders and owners of small businesses.
The Diploma in Management is delivered over 4 Units:
- Managing Communication
- People Management
- Finance for Managers
- Business Organisations in a Global Context
Learning Outcomes per Unit
Each Unit carries a set of learning outcomes and assessment criteria. The learning outcomes set out what a learner is expected to know, understand or be able to do as the result of the learning process. The assessment criteria describe the requirements a learner is expected to meet in order to demonstrate that the learning outcome has been achieved.
Unit: Managing Communications
This unit aims to develop your knowledge and understanding of how communication takes place within and between different organisations you are in contact with. It will also highlight the potential pitfalls and the benefits of good communication practice.
- Understand channels of communication within and between organisations and their effectiveness
- Be able to assess the factors that impact on workplace communication
- Be able to demonstrate the effective use of own communication skills within the workplace
- Be able to evaluate the effectiveness of communication within an organisation
Unit: People Management
In this unit you will develop the knowledge and understanding of what motivates individuals and teams and use this to review people management strategies used in your organisations. You will gain an understanding of leadership theories, motivational theories, the impact of structure and culture as well as other tools that can be used to empower people in the workplace.
- Understand how structure, culture and other factors impact on people in organisations
- Understand how to manage individuals and teams in order to achieve sustainable business performance
- Understand how to develop individuals and teams in order to achieve sustainable business performance
- Be able to review people management strategies in an organisation
Unit: Finance for Managers
This unit aims to introduce you to practical accounting and financial techniques that are useful to your business setup.
- Understand the sources of finance available to organisations
- Be able to assess an organisation’s financial performance
- Be able to use costing methods to make informed organisational decisions
Unit: Business Organisations in a Global Context
This unit aims to develop your understanding of the issues and opportunities organisations face when operating within a global context.
- Understand differences in global business operations
- Understand the impact of external factors on global business organisations
- Understand the impact of globalisation on the internal operations of business organisations
- Be able to review current issues that impact on business activities of a specified country
Talk to us for further information on the progression pathways available.
This qualification provides a flexible route for learners who:
- Have already achieved qualifications at a lower level
- Do not have a business or management qualification (who may have qualifications in other areas) but who would like to learn more about business and management
- Have prior professional experience at the work place
- Are at least 19 years of age or older
- Learners must have an appropriate standard of English to enable them to access relevant resources to complete unit assignments.
Fill in the form below to get more information on this course